INNOVATION BOOST PROGRAMME
The Innovation Boost programme, previously known as Fusion, is funded by InterTradeIreland, which supports cross-border business on the island of Ireland through developing and embedding innovation. It works by helping businesses fund a high calibre science, engineering or technology graduate and partners them with a third level institution with specific expertise.
The graduate is employed by the company and throughout the duration of the 12 – 18 month project has access to mentoring support from the academic partner and InterTradeIreland Innovation Boost consultant. On average, each company that takes part in the Innovation Boost programme benefits from over £1 million worth of sales or efficiency savings in the three years following the project.
NWRC has supported a number of companies with projects in example areas such as:
- Renewable energy data mining and prediction
- Mobile network security
- New concrete outdoor furniture
- New rooflight systems
- NPD multi-head pipe welding machine
- Renewable products
- Agri & Aviation New product development
- Scientific NPD of plant bio-stimulants
What funding support is available?
- 12-month support project – worth £39,000/€47,400 typically in the area of process improvement.
- 18-month support package – worth up to £56,000/€67,900 typically in the area of new product or service development
To find out if you qualify for financial support through the Innovation Boost programme, please email email@example.com