Realise new product development and innovation for your business…
North West Regional College’s Product Design Centre is Northern Ireland’s most exciting centre for entrepreneurs and local companies who want to create new products or enhance existing ones. A state-of-the-art facility, equipped with the latest additive and subtractive technology, as well as an electronics laboratory, it has everything that innovators need to make ideas a commercial reality. Coupled with this is a dedicated college consultancy resource that is focused on helping individuals and businesses succeed.
The Product Design Centre is located at College’s Greystone campus in Limavady and represents a massive investment to the economy of the North West. The centre will help support the economic growth of the entire region. With the right expertise, innovators can find new markets, develop new product ideas and generate employment opportunities within the sector.The Product Design Centre is currently the only single venue in the North West that offers a complete end-to-end new product development model for entrepreneurs in the region.
The College can offer hands-on support from experienced and skilled engineers. This ranges from general business advice through to detailed research and testing. Our Experts also visit client premises to advise on new product development, process improvement and production efficiencies. With the right expertise, innovators can find new markets, develop new product ideas and generate employment opportunities within the sector.
- Expansive Product Development Space
- Fully equipped Computer Aided Design Room to allow ideas to be formed digitally.
- State of Art Electronics Laboratory.
- Conference Room for Client/Supplier Meetings
- Mark Forged 2 Carbon Fibre reinforced 3D printer
- MakerBot dual extruder ABS 3D printer
- Ultimaker PLA single extruder 3D printers
- Leapfrog BoltPro Large format multi filament 3D printer
- 40W Epilog Laser Engraver
- 120W Large format CADCAM FB700 Laser
- Roland DG MDX40A CNC machine
- Roland DG MDX540 large format CNC machine
- Roland DG True Vis SG-54 Vinyl Printer and Cutter
- 3D scan
- Full electronics assembly and testing equipment
Prototyping Training School:
This is the first Protoyping Training School in the UK. The Product Design Centre is a unique training environment for those who wish to learn how to create prototypes. This training will take entrepreneurs and innovators to the next level by providing them with the training to succeed in turning their ideas into reality.
The following qualifications are available from the Centre:
– Level 1 Award in Digital Fabrication
– Level 2 Award in Digital Fabrication
– Level 3 Award in Creative Arts and Digital Technologies
– Level 3 Award in Digital Product Design and Manufacture
Contact the Product Design Centre:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02871278783